Saturday, July 26, 2008

Quizzito ergo sum, par TV pe quiz shows hain kam!!!

Knock! Knock! Mr. Basu, are you listening?? Where is the O'Brien family? OK, I am fed up of watching farces like "paanchvi paas...", etc in the name of quizzing. I remember the time when one of Mastermind or University Challenges were regularly on TV. It was perhaps the only thing on TV that I religiously followed and so did my family. BQC, however childish it might have been, was always there if you wanted some adrenaline-pumping quizzing action. Even KBC was much better than the showman-driven, moolah-distributing idiocities on-air these days.
I have been part of lots of quizzes in my college in the past two years and let me assure you that 'Quizzing' in its genuine avatar is much more exciting than seeing "over made-up" vamps dishing out soliloquies, tilting their eyebrows in every manner possible. Some people would definitely disagree but then television is supposed to cater to all sorts of audience. And I am sure there are many more of my tribe. :)
I guess the ESPN quiz is still on but being an exclusively sports thingy, its audience thins down further (Ok, here come my prejudices again).
So please, people concerned, listen... give us some "real" quiz shows and stop these KKKKK....KWIZ Shows. ;)

1 comment:

Ravi Chakraborty said...

Completely agree :)
u know basu is too busy managing his production company. :(
as far as espn is concerned,it is outrageously specialized.in our time,we had to unscramble some ass named "Celestine Babayaro", :D