Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Sounds of the Sea

Yesterday, the sea spoke to me,
It’s murmur, though, was faint.
Came to the ear but in the eye of the mind,
A picture it did paint.

Seated on a concrete ledge was I,
My feet hanging much above the tide.
The waves were crashing gently beneath,
On countless memories they did ride.

Friendly voices chirped beside me,
An unending expanse lay ahead.
In that instant, the buzzing streets behind,
Were muffled to the silence of the dead.

Filling the moment with boundless joy,
Was the magic floating through the draft.
My reverie went on till a playful drop,
Pulled me out with a tingling start.

I looked around at familiar faces,
Wishing I could hold the instant forever. 
Yet, like the waves, fleeting it shall remain,
Memories, to eternity, we shall savour.

2 comments:

Sakshi said...

That had a tune to it, a lilt ... as if it can be sung, or was sung first and then written. Wonderful thing to read this morning. :)

Unknown said...

I liked the flow..nice !