Thursday, June 26, 2008

25 years from now....

When you are spending more than the usual amount of time sitting doing nothing much, you can either have really negative thoughts or else you think too deeply about stuff which should not have mattered to you otherwise.
I am in the midst of my summer-break at IIT Kanpur and in my spare time, I have been thinking about and discussing really unusual stuff with my friends. Although I am just halfway through with my degree programme and have two more years to go. However, when you spend so much time with people of your own age you tend to develop a special bond with quite a few of them.
Due to similar reasons, you have this uneasy feeling at times that you are going to leave them all one day and head off in completely different directions. My friends and I were talking about this one day. Then we began picturing our reunion, 25 years from now.
The first thing that came to our mind was that the people who are doing 5 year courses (which is quite a few of my friends) would not have their reunion bash with the rest of us. So, some pain right away. And then we pictured ourselves with greyish hair, more civilised demeanor (hopefully :P ) and most importantly with a family (:O, again hopefully).
All of it felt so weird. Then we would talk about stuff we used to do much to the bewilderment of our spouses and kids. How will it feel to stand in the same mess queue, visit the same lecture halls we now detest and visiting the rooms where we spent most fascinating years of our life? Would we remember everybody and their idiosyncrasies which we just can't do without presently? Well, I believe we would because they seem so much a part of us currently... However, everyone knows that in spite of the shrinking world (due to the very familiar orkut, facebook, etc.), rarely do we care for the people we have left behind, largely due to the pressures of our life.
Well, I really think I would not prod this issue further... One thing's for sure; Reunions are meant to be special and if any of my batchmates is reading this.... he will know -- ours will be too!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey 10 year ki baat kyon nahi likhi.

Unknown said...

out of all the previous blogs this one is certainly the most "awwwww"able of them all.
PS: just hope that the btechs make it in 4 yrs and the dual ones in 5 yrs nd our degrees rnt extended :P